Graham Street House Catches Fire, Dog and Woman Escape

A house caught fire in Chattanooga Friday night, but not before a woman and her dog escaped unharmed.

It happened at 520 Graham Street in Chattanooga at around 9:30 p.m. .

Firefighters tell News 12 that the homeowner smelled something burning on her back porch. She took her dog next door and called 9-1-1.

“I could see smoke from my back ally, so I ran up, and the whole back porch had caught on fire,” said eyewitness Will Wykes. “There was flames, of the kitchen and porch, and the desk caught fire, and like, the side walls were on fire, and the wiring was caught on fire; it was pretty scary.”

Before firefighters could arrive on scene, the back of the house had flames shooting from the inside, according to neighbors.

The fire department says they were able to save most of the house from catching fire. No exact word on what exactly caused the inferno.

Back up was called in to keep the fire from spreading to nearby homes and trees.

Categories: Local News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *