Highland Park Avenue Fire

A 7 year old boy may have saved the lives of his family after a fire in their home this morning.
It happened on North Highland Park Avenue in Chattanooga.
The boy woke up at 4 in the morning to the smell of smoke.
He then woke up his father and his uncle.
The smoke was so intense, the father and son crawled out of the house through a back bedroom window.
But the man’s brother was still inside when firefighters arrived.
Fire crews had to crawl on the floor to search for the victim.
They found him, unconscious on the floor, suffering from 2nd and 3rd degree burns.
Life Force flew him to a burn unit in Georgia where he is listed in critical condition.
The 7-year-old boy and his father were treated and released for smoke inhalation.
Their names are not being released at this time.
Firefighters found two smoke alarms in the house.
But they weren’t working because the batteries in them had been turned around.
It’s not known why.

Categories: Chattanooga, Local News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *