Honor’s Golf Course dryer fire

Hamilton County, TN (WDEF) – An Honor’s Golf Course employee called 9-1-1 at 8 p.m. Monday night to report a fire.

Tri-Community Volunteer Firefighters found heavy smoke coming from the caddy building behind the main clubhouse on Lee Highway.

Employees were using a fire extinguisher on the dryer fire when firefighters took over.

They had it out in minutes.

Fire officials say employees were using a gas operated washer and dryer to clean towels that had cooking grease on them.

The heat from the dryer combined with the grease to make a reaction.

There was minimal damage to the caddy building; estimated at $3,500.

Categories: Hamilton County, Local News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *