House fire on Hamilton Avenue

CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. (WDEF) — Four Chattanooga Fire companies responded to a house fire in the 800 block of Hamilton Avenue late Friday night.

Battalion Chief Chris Warren says that firefighters found significant fire in the kitchen of the house.

According to Battalion Chief Chris Warren, a resident told firefighters the fire broke out after he put oil on the stove to heat up. Chief Warren adds that the resident tried to put the fire out with two fire extinguishers before calling 911.

Both residents made it out of the house safely and no injuries were reported according to the Battalion Chief, but the home was damaged enough that EPB had to cut power off to the building.

The fire will be ruled accidental. A dollar loss estimate is not available.

 

**Photo courtesy of Battalion Chief Chris Warren.

Categories: Chattanooga, Local News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *