Kitchen Fire Causes $10,000 in Damages

Chattanooga, TN (WDEF) Dallas Bay Volunteer firefighters put out a kitchen fire Monday night.

It happened at a home on Kenny Way.

Officials say 3 teens were cooking hush puppies when the eye of the stove caught fire.

One teen tried to put it out with water, but it was a grease fire and only made it spread to the cabinets and curtains.

Firefighters were able to contain it to the kitchen.

There were no injuries and damage is estimated at $10,000.

Categories: Hamilton County, Local News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *