New details into registered sex offender accused of child molestation at a Tunnel Hill church

TUNNEL HILL, Georgia (WDEF) – A registered sex offender who was already on parole for child molestation has been arrested again.

Anthony Stanley of Tunnel Hill already had a strike against him as a convicted child molester and was even on supervised parole following his release from prison, but his days living as a free man are now in jeopardy now that he’s been accused of violating his parole by Inappropriate actions toward two female juveniles.

According to a Catoosa County Sheriff’s Office incident report obtained by News 12, back on the 8th of August, two female juveniles claim to have been inappropriately touched by Stanley.

Stanley is a registered sex offender who served time in prison after he was convicted of child molestation back in 2002. He’s now facing a charge of parole violation and child molestation in connection to this latest reported incident.

“It’s our mission to protect the public while we provide individuals in our supervision with opportunities for a successful outcome. This is extremely disappointing and unfortunately, despite our techniques and efforts, on rare occasions there are some individuals who refuse to welcome our assistance or be receptive to the opportunity for a positive change,” said Georgia Department of Community Service Spokesperson James Hill.

According to the incident report, Stanley’s encounter with the two girls happened at the Dogwood Christian Academy School Church where Stanley was working on a construction project.

The owner of the construction company who asked not to be identified told News 12 he hired Stanley right after Stanley got out of prison. He said he wanted to give him a chance to turn his life around. He also said he even talked with Stanley’s parole officer and was aware that Stanley was being monitored via GPS cell phone device.

According to the construction company owner, Stanley appeared to be making great strides at turning his life around. He said that Stanley was even checking in every two hours via cell phone with his parole officer.

“This is an isolated incident. We are at this time conducting an internal review into this case, but as we speak at the moment, the supervision in this case does appear to be appropriate and the individual was in compliance at the time of his arrest,” Hill said.

Stanley remains held without bond at the Catoosa County Jail.

Categories: Catoosa County, Crime, Local News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *