Newborn baby burned after hospital heater mishap

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) – A Middle Tennessee family says their newborn daughter suffered serious burns after a piece of equipment malfunctioned at a Nashville hospital.

Sean Boyd, the father of Aminah Boyd, told local media last week that his daughter was burned by a screw that fell out of a heat lamp and onto her neck and chest, scorching her skin only a few hours after she was born at Saint Thomas Midtown Hospital.

The hospital apologized for the incident in a statement and said a specialist has been contacted to examine the baby for treatment. The hospital says the family will not be charged for any necessary treatment related to the accident.

It is unclear how serious the burns are.

*Photo via WREG

Categories: Regional News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *