One injured in Mowbray Mountain house fire

Mowbray Mountain, Tenn. (WDEF) — Shortly after 5 pm Sunday evening, the Mowbray Volunteer Fire Department responded to a house fire on Sluder Lane.

Firefighters say they arrived on scene to a fully involved house fire.

According to Mowbray Volunteer Fire Department Chief Chris Weddington, the homeowner was trying to light a propane heater inside the house when the heater backfired.

Officials say the homeowner sustained minor burns, but the family was able to evacuate the home.

Hamilton County EMS treated the homeowner on the scene.

Fire officials say the home is a total loss and valued at $60,000.

Fire officials ruled the cause of the fire as accidental.

Officials say the homeowners did not have insurance and will be staying with family.

**Photo from Mowbray VFD

Categories: Hamilton County, Local News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *