Six East Tennessee Men charged in undercover human trafficking case
SWEETWATER, Tennessee (WDEF) – The TBI has announced the arrest of six suspects in an undercover operation into human trafficking in Monroe County.
The men are charged with seeking illicit sex with minors.
The sting took place last week.
Investigators posted decoy ads on sites known for prostitution and commercial sex.
They charged six suspects who responded from our region:
• Matthew Jason Cohen, DOB: 6-14-1978, Maryville: Trafficking for a Commercial Sex Act
• Steven Lawrence Kobylski, DOB: 09-07-1987, Decatur: Soliciting Sexual Exploitation of a Minor
• James Stephen Stinnett, DOB: 03-27-1984, Madisonville: Trafficking for a Commercial Sex Act
• Anthony Cornelius Baylis, DOB: 11-23-1983, Harriman: Trafficking for a Commercial Sex Act
• Joshua James Thomas, DOB: 3-31-1989, Tellico Plains: Trafficking for a Commercial Sex Act
• Pedro Juan Berenguer Torres, DOB: 11-30-1970, Powell: Trafficking for a Commercial Sex Act