Smoke detectors save three lives in Dallas Bay house fire

HAMILTON COUNTY, Tennessee (WDEF) Fire officials say smoke detectors saved three lives Tuesday morning in an early house fire.

It happened around 5:15 at 17512 Varner Road in Dallas Bay.

When the Dallas Bay Volunteers got there, the fire was showing on the back side of the house and attic.

They were able to keep it from spreading.

The family of three adults were awakened by their smoke detectors and got out in time.

Chief Markus Fritts says the fire started from a discarded cigarette in an ashtray on the back deck.

Categories: Hamilton County, Local News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *