Woman claims her dog died at vet due to overdose

CBS46 News

SANDY SPRINGS, Ga. (CBS46) – There is no one more lively, loving and loyal than man’s best friend, and most consider their pet dog a member of the family.

“Beatrice was 8-years-old. She was a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel,” pet owner Lisa Zambito said.

Zambito said Beatrice had all of those qualities.

Zambito’s dog underwent an endoscopy at a local vet after encountering abdominal problems, but never made it out alive.

“It’s a huge loss. I never had any children so she was pretty much my baby girl,” Zambito said. “She was given 45 MG at once. You’re not supposed to give Propofol that way.”

“On the anesthesia record it said she arrested six minutes into the procedure and no vital signs for 10 minutes so she was essentially brain dead,” Zambito said.

The vet told Zambito a very different story.

“Dr. Duval led me to believe she would be okay. Dr. Duval told me she was down for 30 to 40 seconds,” Zambito said. “He called me at 8:30 in the morning and said [my] pet had been improving overnight.”

However, that information doesn’t appear to corroborate with the medical records.

Read more from our partners at CBS 46

 

Categories: Regional News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *