Youth & Family Development Center Preparing to Reopen After a Year
The city of Chattanooga will reopen its Youth & Family Development centers June 1st. Chattanooga Mayor Tim Kelly made the announcement Tuesday. Warner Park Pool will also be opening this weekend at seventy – five percent capacity. Summer camps will begin June 7, and registration is open.
COVID protocols will be in place at all facilities:
- Pools will be limited to 75% capacity
- Registered summer camps limited to 75 children per camp
- Drop-in summer camps will be limited based on location capacity with social distancing
- Senior centers and YFD centers will be limited based on location capacity with social distancing
- Masks required for unvaccinated adults
- Masks optional for children under 18 years of age
Kinnawa Kaitibi, the Public Information Officer for the YFD Centers says, “The kids can definitely be ready for a breath of fresh air, to be back in the centers with their friends and with the staff that cares about them… Get your kids, get your teens registered for summer camp. We want to get everyone in. We do want to say that if anything fills up, go ahead and get your kids on the wait list because you never know we may be able to make accommodations.”
For more information on the centers reopening and summer camp registration, head HERE.