Firefighters save Carrabba’s Italian Grill from burning overnight

CHATTANOOGA (WDEF) – The brick oven at Carrabba’s Italian Grill got a bit too hot overnight.

Chattanooga firefighters were called to the Hamilton Place Boulevard restaurant around 2 AM.

They found smoke coming from the building.

Firefighters pinpointed the problem inside a wall next to the oven, and put it out with a hose.

Chief Rick Boatwright says it could have been worse.

“The automatic fire alarm did its job of notifying us,” said Chief Boatwright, “and our firefighters worked to get the fire out quickly, saving a restaurant valued in excess of $2 million. I call that a real good save!”

The blaze started where firewood was stored for the brick oven and  has been ruled accidental.

Employees told firefighters they planned to be open on Monday.

Categories: Chattanooga, Local News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *