Accidental Car Fire in East Lake
Chattanooga, TN (WDEF)-Firefighters responded to a fire in a carport next to a duplex Thursday night.
Firefighters responded just after 8:30 p.m. to 1732 S. Seminole Drive.
When firefighters arrived on scene, they reported flames up to 30 feet high.
Firefighters fought the fire aggressively, saving both sides of the livable space in the duplex. However, the fire did cause damage to the attic and some of the wiring, so an EPB technician had to pull both meters.
Two people in each duplex will have to temporarily stay somewhere else. Volunteers with the American Red Cross of Southeast Tennessee were called in to provide assistance.
No injuries were reported. An estimate for dollar loss is not yet available.
The cause of the fire has been ruled accidental.