Family safely evacuates significant Chattanooga house fire

CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. (WDEF) — A fire caused significant damage to a Chattanooga home on Tuesday night, according to fire officials.

Chamberlain Ave Fire

(Courtesy: Chattanooga Fire Department)

The home was on the 2400 block of North Chamberlain Avenue. The Chattanooga Fire Department (CFD) received reports of the fire shortly after 7 p.m.

Someone reported possible entrapment in the home. However, the CFD said all residents safely evacuated the home.

Fire officials said, “Good Samaritans had knocked on their doors to alert them about the fire so they could get out of the burning home.”

There were no injuries, according to the fire department.

Firefighters witnessed heavy fire and smoke coming out of the attic when they arrived. They entered the home to fight the fire and went to the roof for ventilation.

“They continued working to get the fire out and then shifted into overhaul to target any areas of extension,” the CFD said.

They believe the fire was accidental.

Categories: Chattanooga, Featured, Local News