Four People Treated for Fireworks-Related Injuries at Erlanger in Chattanooga
“We had one adult brought to our Baroness Campus Emergency Room who was hit by an aerial display that went off prematurely and struck him in the leg,” said Dr. Rob Hamilton, Medical Director of Erlanger’s Emergency Services. Two adults and one teenager were treated at the Erlanger East Hospital ER for fireworks debris to the eye, and lacerations and fireworks burns to the arm, according to the ER physician. One adult was treated at the Erlanger North ER for burns from a sparkler.
All four individuals were treated on Friday and Saturday.