Viral Video puts Checkers on blast over Health Concerns

CLEVELAND, Tenn. (WDEF) – Saturday night, Stephen Staley and his friend Hannah Swafford, said they were hanging out at the Checker’s parking lot, on 25th St., when they had to use the restrooms.

“Stephen was like, you know, ‘You have to look at this. They have buns in their bathroom,’ and so I went in there and took pictures. You know, it’s a public bathroom,” said Swafford.

Staley later uploaded the video to his Facebook page, and it’s already gotten more than 170,000 views, with more than 560 shares.

A spokesperson from the popular food chain released a statement Monday apologizing for the mistake, stating quote, “The health and safety of our guests is our top priority…
The buns were misplaced during a delivery, and when discovered, they were immediately disposed of by the restaurant team. The buns were never served, and the employees involved in the delivery have been disciplined.”

But Swafford and Staley claim things actually took a turn for the worse after they tried to alert management. “We walked up to the window, and asked them,” said Swafford, “We were like, ‘Are you aware that you have buns in your restroom,’ and he said, ‘Yea we’re aware, and we’re trying to get them out of here and back in here.’ That’s what they told us. And the manager also called the police and had us sent off the property.”

According to their spokesperson, the health department conducted an inspection at the restaurant Monday morning and  confirmed the buns were properly disposed.

Categories: Chattanooga, Consumer News, Crime, Hamilton County, Local News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *