Morgan Wallen explains all in Instagram post
NASHVILLE, Tennessee (WDEF) – Country music star Morgan Wallen says he waited to make an official statement on his use of the n-word in a TMZ video.
He had previously issued a written apology.
On Wednesday night, he doubled down on that saying “I don’t want to add to any division.”
And he doesn’t want fans to downplay the racist language.
Wallen says the video was shot at the very end of a 72 hour bender, which he isn’t proud of.
“I just want anyone watching to learn from my mistake.”
Wallen says he has quit drinking for the last 9 days and will stay off the grid for awhile trying to live a healthier life.
Since the video came out, his songs have been banned from radio and streaming, he was dis-invited to the ACM awards and his record companies suspended his recording contract.
But sale of his current album have shot up, keeping it at #1 on the country charts.
Wallen says he accepts the punishments he has faced.
“Who knows if I’ll be able to live down all the mistakes I’ve made, but I’m certainly going to try.”